1. Maharashtra Ex Servicemen Corporation (MESCO) has commenced a new venture of conducting Central Government Security Course at Maha Sainik Training Centre (MSTC), Kolhapur.
2. MSTC successfully completed No. 3 SSSDC Course with nine trainees on 25 Jul 14. The Course commenced on 26 Jun 14 with Course duration of 30 days.
3. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has been established by Government of India under PMO and was tasked to set up Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) in various Sectors of the economy. One of the first SSC to be set up is the Security Knowledge and Skill Development Council (SKSDC). Under SKSDC, STAR (Standard Training Assessment & Reward) is a National Skill Certification & Monetary Reward Scheme.
4. SSSDC functions under SKSDC. This scheme facilitates the unemployed to get employment in Security Sector by undergoing SSSDC Course free of cost.
5. SSSDC Course is non residential Course. Maha Sainik Training Centre working under the aegis of Maharashtra Ex Servicemen Corporation, Pune, however, is conducting SSSDC Courses as residential Courses, providing free lodging and boarding facilities to the trainees. This is a welfare measure to assist the trainees coming from economically backward families and distant places to Kolhapur to undergo this Course.
6. SSSDC Course is free of cost. The trainee after passing the examination at end of the Course gets internationally and nationally recognized Central Government Certificate. After the Course, the trainee is also awarded Rs 1000/- by MESCO as incentive.
7. Maha Sainik Training Centre (MSTC), Kolhapur has now a fully equipped Security Laboratory with all SSSDC prescribed equipment and additional Security equipment too.